Saturday, December 19, 2009

paintings from the chris peters workshop...


The Chris Peters workshop at Gage was quite a while ago but its been a crazy month. My cat broke my camera so I haven't had a chance to take any photos of the still lifes I did at his workshop. He is a great teacher and had a wealth of information to share with everyone in the class. It was a joy to listen to his stories and good advice for artists who are trying to push their art out into the world. A weekend well spent!
These bagels and pears are pretty straight forward still lives. I won't be putting them in my masterworks file anytime soon. At the same time, its the first time I've ever tried painting a still life in color so I'm proud of the final result. The thought of painting a still life makes me want to pull out my own fingernails. But these were surprisingly fun and wonderful practice. I'm excited to say I'm actually looking forward to doing more still life painting excercizes when we get back on track after the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment