Sunday, February 14, 2010

We've been back from winter break for a bit now

We need to get back into the habbit of posting. Here is a summary of what has been going on:

Back to meetings,

November show: Missy at Bauhaus
December show: Jameson at fresh flowers
                          Crystal: at Bauhaus
February show: Deborah at Bauhaus

Obviously Bauhaus has been a great little venue for us to have private shows. We are all beginning new series of works, and moving on from old concepts.

I personally have been moving into the idea of what humans do when they don't realize they are doing anything. To show insecurities and comforts in sleep is very interesting, I have been looking into how people rest and what their body language means whether they are alone or with another person.
In order to work on this project I have been doing studies of fabric to ensure that it goes smoothly. I have also been photographing friends while they are sleeping (with their permission of course) and studying the differences as I know them and as they sleep.


Aside from this new series, I am currently leaving my art studio which is so sad! I will be studio-less until I come back from France and will keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment